Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Return of the Blog


Well, I'm back and blogging once again. I took a break from blogging about 15 months ago because I was wanting to devote my writing energies to my first book. Well, the book is done (see the left column for pic and details) and I no longer have any excuses. In the interim I had several people stop me and comment that they missed the blog. While the last 15 months have seen an explosion in the popularity of Facebook and the advent of Twitter, I don't have a Facebook and I don't do Twitter, but blogging seems to fit who I am/want to be, so here we go again.


The Good, the Bad and the Ugly returns for another go around. I plan to post for sure, each Monday, a devotion focused on leadership issues plus at least one other post each week. So feel free to come along for the ride as I will be commenting on church, Jesus, culture, politics, money, and I am sure a whole host of other topics. You can subscribe to an RSS feed of the blog which is a good idea if you don't want to try and remember to check back for new posts. Feel free to forward what you read and to tell your friends to check out the interaction as well. I plan to leave comments unmoderated (for now) and to allow anonymous comments (for now) although I will admit that anonymous comments bug me because I think people ought to have the guts to own their words or not say anything at all. I do not plan on responding to anonymous comments.

Blogging is like the wild, wild west of the technological age. There's lots of space to roam, it can be hazardous at times, and sheriffs who enforce the law are far and few between. You'll find a little bit of everything in the wild west of blogging - the good, the bad and, yes, the ugly. The wild west of blogging is not for everyone, I know that. It's just another way for me to connect and interact with people.

But if you're game, then let's saddle up...

Jeff

2 comments:

Scott said...

Good to have you back. Maybe I'll be inspired to update mine again.

Scott

Andrew Perkins said...

You've both inspired me...Visit my new blog