Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Clash of the Titans: in HiDef and 3D


In just four days our church will be hosting our own version of Clash of the Titans. Christianity and Islam combined make up 54% of this planet’s population (33% Christianity and 21% Islam). When you talk about religion from a world perspective, Jesus and Allah are the two biggest players on the stage.

On Sunday at 4:00 pm this clash of worldviews will be highlighted as a Christian apologist and a Muslim apologist go head-to-head over: Jesus, the Cross, and the Resurrection. If you are within an hours drive you should come to this important event. I promise you have never seen anything like it before. I have never seen anything like it before.

And I am excited. I cannot help but think about Paul and his “Clash of the Titans” moment when he visited Athens and saw that “the city was full of idols.” We are told that “he reasoned” with Jews in the synagogue, people in the marketplace, and the Epicurean and Stoic philosophers. The account in Acts tells us clearly that Paul’s focus in all of these discussions was “Jesus and the resurrection” (Acts 17).

And so in four days, my friend, James Walker, who I have invited to preach on the subject of Islam in our morning worship hour, will be talking and reasoning about “Jesus and the resurrection” at 4:00 pm with Muslim. Khalil Meek has his own interesting story of turning away from Jesus. Come and hear both stories and find out about what both of these “titan” religions say about Jesus.


1 comment:

Luke said...

Ah! I find that highly interesting. Apologetics is absolutely fascinating to me. Sadly I'm in Fayetteville with no way of getting there! I hope you write about it or include a transcript afterward!